As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We took the plunge so you wouldn’t have to. This small yet mighty Joby GorillaPod 5K Kit Camera Tripod is one you will be surprised by and want to try. Let’s see if it’s too good to be true.
- Durable: Made of premium-grade aluminum with weatherproof rubber casing
- Accuracy Tools: Numbered scale on the base lets you accurately repeat 360 Degree pans and secondary knob locks pan separately.
- Built-In Leveler: Leveler helps to set your camera balance and straight for a perfect vertical or horizontal angle (Not all models have this feature).
- Flexible Legs: Grip it, wrap it, stand it, wrappable legs allow you to secure professional camera equipment to virtually any surface.
- Versatile: Can be used to capture both vlog-style videos or traditional photography
- Easy To Remove and simple to adjust
The tripod is small enough to fit in your pocket, the legs have a strong and flexible grip and the leveler works as expected to help align the perfect angle.
No Adjustable Height
Limited Surfaces To Attach
While the tripod is weatherproof, it’s not recommended for outdoor use in locations with limited stand or pole attachment options. Best to use indoors at a studio or around the home unless holding in your hand vlog style. This tripod lacks adjustable height or additional extensions, restricting your grip circumference to smaller, slender objects. Availability in different locations and resource variations may impact your ability to utilize it effectively.
Expert Opinion/Overall Rating:
3.5 Star Rating
The Joby GorillaPod 5K Kit Camera Tripod targets outdoor photography, yet its usefulness as an investment hinges on your specific usage and the content you aim to capture. Ideal for creating dynamic handheld videos or professional studio photography, this tripod excels in scenarios tailored to its unique capabilities. Though this tripod is strong enough to successfully support your camera it does prove to have limitations in surface attachments which when you are shooting outdoors can prove to be a challenge as oftentimes flat surfaces are hard to come by as are small poles or stands that are sturdy enough to support this tripod and your camera when wrapped around it. However, when shooting indoors around your home, office, or studio flat surfaces are regularly available to you as are a variety of stands, poles, and other shooting equipment.
We would recommend this tripod for studio photography or vlog-style content creation. Check out more of our tripod reviews here.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.